27 York Street, in the Byward Market
Production Manager: (Please do not send booking requests to Tom, refer to the ‘Booking’ link on our website).
Easy, no-stairs, load-in through the front. We do not provide loaders. Load-out is through the side corridor to the loading dock. Load your equipment there after the show and then ask the security staff to let you out. Note that there are DJs every night from approx. 11pm. So the stage must be cleared immediately within 20 minutes or the dance floor becomes too packed and equipment can’t be moved till closing time at 2:45am.
Some of the performers who have played here and found it to be a charming, pleasurable experience: Alanis Morissette, Jewel, Ani DiFranco, The Proclaimers, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Fun Loving Criminals, The Dandy Warhols, Ben Harper, Tom Robinson, The Levellers, Sloan, The Tea Party, etc.
Postering etiquette & laws
All artists / promoters / street-poster-teams should read this important information: Postering Etiquette
Zaphod Beeblebrox is pleased to provide our customers, staff and musicians with a clean, smoke-free environment. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in our building, in compliance with the City of Ottawa No-Smoking Bylaw.
Zaphod Beeblebrox is pleased that two local indie-music businesses (Spaceman Music & Dave’s Drum Shop) are providing the following backline for our artists’ use on Showcase Mondays. (Contact the club if you are interested in this equipement at other times)
Yorkville 200B combo – 200 watts with a 15″ speaker. Very versatile for all types of music. Clean enough for jazz, loud enough for metal.
The drum set is a Pearl Export 5 pc.
• 18×20 bass drum
• 8 x 10 tom
• 9 x 12 tom
• 14 x 14 floor tom
• 5 x 14 snare
• Hardware is all Pearl double braced
• Snare stand
• Hi hat stand
• Boom stand
• Cymbal stand
• Single chain drive pedal
• Sabian XS20 cymbals 16″ crash, 20″ ride and 14″ hi-hats.
***All equipment is brand new as of Nov./ 2007.
Please note that any other equipment is the artists’ responsibility, including breakables (snare, cymbals, sticks, foot pedals, effects, etc.). If in doubt, contact Tom Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details on what equipment will be provided by the club and what equipment you are expected to bring. The sound tech will record your performance and each artist will get a cd of their show – the cds have the Zaphod’s/ Spaceman Music/ Dave’s Drum Shop logo on them… they look really great!
22 ‘ wide x 16′ deep x 3′ high
• Load-in / Soundcheck: 5pm. Be done before 8pm.
• Doors: 8pm
• Opening act: 8:30 or 9pm (35 mins.)
• Headline Act: 9:30 (90 min.) or 10 pm (60 mins.). One concert set.
• Curfew: 11:00pm
• Note that there are DJs every night from approx. 11pm. So the stage must be cleared immediately within 20 minutes or the dance floor becomes too packed and equipment can’t be moved till closing time at 2:45am.
Front of house
• Allen & Heath GL2200 32x4x2, w/ 6 Aux sends
• 2 Klark Teknik 31 Band EQ for FOH
• 4 Klark Teknik 31 band EQ for monitors from FOH on Auxes 1-4
• 1 Yamaha SPX1000 on Aux 5 – returning on STEREO Ch. 13-14
• 1 Yamaha SPX990 on Aux 6 – returning on STEREO Ch. 15-16
• 2 DBX 160 compressor
• 1 DBX 1066 stereo compressor inserted on vocal group 3-4
• 4 Shure© Beta58A microphones
• 4 Shure© SM57 microphones
• 3 EV© ND408 microphones
• 1 Shure© Beta52 microphones
• 1 Audio Technica ATM4041condenser microphone
• 2 Active and 2 Passive DI boxes
• Mic. stands, clamps and microphone cables
Speaker system (stereo)
• 4 Yorkville TX3 tops 1 12″, 2″ horn
• Powered by 1 AP 4020 for mids and 1 AP 4020 for Horns
• 2 TX9 Subs Dual 18″ drivers per bin
• Powered by 2 AP4020 Amplifiers (3000 watts)
• Monitors: 3 Yorkville 408 (15″+1″ horn), 3 Yorkville 378 (12″+2″ horn) all wedges are passive.
• Powered by 1 Yorkville AP4020 for mixes 1 & 2 and 1 Yorkville AP4040 for mixes 3 & 4
• Distributed house speakers
• 12 Channels of Dimming, using a pulsar rock desk
• 20 Par 64 Light Fixtures
• 6 Trackspots and a Universal controller
• We do not provide accommodations. For visiting out-of-town bands or guests, you can get our corporate rate of $99 + Tax per night (subject to change at their discretion, so please ask) at the Quality Hotel below. You must book it yourself and be responsible for all charges as we are not responsible in any way with your stay at the hotel. Please ask the reservations person for Zaphod Beeblebrox’s corporate rate. We ask that you behave responsibly, in good taste and with regard to the other guests and the hotel staff.
Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa | 290 Rideau Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 5Y3
Phone: 613-789-7511 Fax: 613-789-2434
Reservations Worldwide: 1-800-4CHOICE
Production equipment supplied by Wall Sound & Lighting. Supplying Eugene / Zaphod’s with quality audio and lighting equipment for over 20 years. http://www.wallsound-lighting.com/
Note: Subject to change without notice. Last updated: August 10, 2012.